Monday, May 9, 2011

No sew tutorials!

So I was crafty this weekend.  I made a few cute things and so did my kids!
This was a gift for my husband's grandparents 60th wedding anniversary dinner we went to.  
 Here is the link to the tutorial and it tells you how to make every part (even how to get the wood cut to the right dimensions for you!)  Art and Soul's Block Photo Frame

I also had the kids make gifts for Mother's Day.  My son made these flowers for his stepmom.
Here he is in action, (any project is 10x messier when kids do it!)
He decided he needed to make a bracelet made from the pipe cleaners.
My stepkids made this bouquet for their mom. (notice the box of cheez-its..a necessity when crafting)
I decided to get in on the fun.  
I made the yellow ones for my table and the other two for my mother-in-law and sister-in law.
Then I decided my yellow ones needed a red center flower.
All these were made with Dana's easy Paper Flower Tutorial and instead of using tissue paper you use party napkins.  I love the way they all turned out and are much sturdier than tissue paper.  I got my napkins at Walmart, but saw some really cute colors at Target afterwards, OR.. you could look on Amazon and find really different ones... how awesome would a zebra or paisley flower be!? Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment